Wednesday, June 8, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 8–His Fears

What ifs.

What ifs can be a source of fear for any men (or women for that matter).

What if I can’t support my family?

What if I suddenly die?

What if something happen to my wife and kids?

What if I can’t be a good father?

What if I make a bad decision?

What it… ?

Fear that will paralyze you is not good.  When you know that something is wrong to the point that the person you love can’t function normally, don’t hesitate to pray for him.   Ask for help from other prayer warriors.  The only fear allowed in our lives should be the fear of the LORD.

When you have the fear of the Lord, God promises to deliver you from your enemies (2 Kings  17:39), protect you from evil (Proverbs 16:6), keep His eye on you (Psalm 33:18), show you His mercy (Luke 1:50), give you riches and honor (Proverbs 22:4), supply everything you need (Psalm 34:9), reveal all you need to know (Psalm 25:14), bless your children and grand-children (Psalm 103:17), give you confidence (Proverbs 10:27), and the desires of your heart (Psalms 145:19).

Lord, I lift up my husband this morning and ask you to give him a clear mind so that he doesn’t become incapacitate with possible fears.  May Your Word be present in every fiber of his being.  Convince him of Your love and strengthen  him to be able to face any situation.   Teach him Your way on a daily basis and may he continue to walk on Your path.  May the Spirit of the Lord rest upon him.  Amen.

Psalms 27:1

The LORD is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?

Tomorrow the chapter is about His Purpose.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket