Sunday, June 19, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 19–His Past

Everybody will probably have issues from the past.  But God can redeem and restore us.  All we need to do is trust Him.

I have seen (and still see) someone dear to me live in and bring back the past on a regular basis. (Don’t worry it is not my husband…)   But I can tell you one thing – IT IS NOT HEALTHY! 

Trust me.  I know from experience (I did mentioned it was someone dear to me right? – no it isn’t me either).

Even the author of the book The Power of a Praying Wife says it:

We can NEVER move out of the present into the future of what God has for us if we cling to and live in the past. (emphasis mine)

And guess what… like it or not the past not only affect us but ultimately it will affect our kids too.

We can leave a legacy as painful and damaging as the one we experienced ourselves.  We can bequeath a heritage of divorce, anger, anxiety, depression, and fear.  Whatever you and your ghusband can free yourselves from will mean more freedom for them (meaning our children).

I know I don’t want my kids to inherit the bad luggage from me.  I know it is the same desire for my husband.

Lord, I pray that you would enable Rob to let go of hid past completely.  Enlarge his understanding to know that You make all things new.  Give him the mind to discern Your voice from the voices of the past.   When he hears those voices, enable him to stand on the Truth.   Pour forgiveness into his heart so that bitterness, resentment, revenge and unforgiveness will take no ground.Amen.

Revelation 21:4

He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Tomorrow we will cover His Attitude

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket