Monday, June 13, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 13–His Trials

I don’t think that anyone doesn’t go through life without facing hard times.  I know that for a fact.  After 13 years married and 14 years together, we have experienced some though times from the ice storm in 1998 (the year of our wedding) to though times in the current economy.   We were even told that our chances to have kids naturally were slim – almost impossible.  Yet God has provided during our hard times and we have now four wonderful children.

Like the author says in the book

It’s the attitude we have when we go through them that matters most.

Praying for my husband during hard times can

help him maintain a positive outlook of gratitude, hope, patience, and peace in the midst of it.

While reading today’s chapter, I got reminded that

When we serve God, His love attends every moment of our lives – even the toughest, loneliest, most painful and desperate.  He is always there in our midst, working things out for good…

I know it is true because I’ve seen it in our own life together.  When we least expected it, God was there, opening a door, blessing us above and beyond what we could imagine.  He took care of us just like He does with sparrows.

God also used these times to teach us how to trust Him more deeply and depend on Him entirely.

Lord, You alone know the burden Rob can carry on his shoulders sometimes.  I might know some at times and I try to help but You are the only One who can help totally.   God, You are indeed a refuge and strength when the storms of life hit our house.  I ask for guidance and strength for Rob (and I) when we face trials.   Build him up so that no matter what happens he will be able to stand strong through it.   Give him endurance to run the race and not give up.  May he learn to wait for You, that he will find his strength in You alone. Amen.

Psalm 55:16-18

But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.  Evening, morning and noon I cru out in distress, and he hears my voice. He ransom me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket