Wednesday, June 22, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 22–His Emotions

Emotions can affect not only your life but the lives of those around you.  Emotions can be either positive or negative.   When you read the PSALMS you can see that David himself had plenty of emotions – My soul is full of troubles says one of them,  another one will say I groan because of the turmoil of my heart – yet at other times he is joyful and dances for the Lord while playing music…

I once was told that I was too emotional to go in ministry (coming from someone who had not much emotions…).  I don’t believe this whatsoever.  God made me this way for a reason and I believe it makes me more real, more reachable for others, more in tune with their own emotions.

Men have emotions as well however they don’t necessarily show it the same way as women.

Lord, I pray that Rob would have faith in You to redeem his soul of potentially negative emotions.  May he never be controlled by depression, anger, anxiety, jealousy, hopelessness, fear, or suicidal thoughts.  You alone can deliver and heal and if there is an issue I pray that You use me as Your instrument of restoration.   Help me not to be pulled down with him if he struggles.  Pour understanding on me so that I can say what needs to be said.  May he be totally free to share how he feels with me or others if needed.

Give him the gift of laughter and the ability to find humor in every situations.   May he trust in You in all circumstances.  Amen.

PSALM 23:3

He restores my soil. He guides in path of righteousness for His name’s sake.

Tomorrow the chapter will cover his walk.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket