Obedience to God is an important part of being a Christian. What does it mean though? Well, essentially we try to keep His commandments but also follow His specific instructions when He talks to us… which could happen via the Bible, people around us, at church, while driving…. you get the picture. When we are obedient we
find mercy, peace, happiness, blessings, plenty and life. Not living in obedience brings harsh consequences, unanswered prayers and the inability to enter into the great things God has for you.
As a wife I have seen how important prayers are for Rob in this matter. More recently, after a wait of over two years, an opportunity presented itself for him to be involve in a ministry in town. Totally out of the blue… we were have friends over for lunch and they started talking about this ministry they are involved with – actually she is the leader in Ottawa. Her husband was going on training in a few weeks… Rob was clearly excited about it. He considered it and decided to follow God’s lead on this. He wanted to go to the training. All the possible roadblocks disappeared in a matter of days (The deadline was passed and the training was three weeks away!). Everything fell into place to allow him to attend the training in early July. It is amazing! Only thing is that it is the first time he is leaving for one week. He is going to Calgary to get some training to become a leader in this ministry. I can see the passion getting reignited. I’m happy for him and I think it is a perfect fit.
The workers are few for this ministry and God is rising another one. I’m so glad that Rob is following His lead.
Lord, please hear my prayer as I ask You to reveal where there is any disobedience in my life – especially when it concerns Rob. Show me if I am selfish, unloving, critical, angry, resentful, unforgiving or bitter toward him. Highlight the times when I have not obeyed You or lived Your way. I confess it as sin and ask for Your forgiveness.
I pray that You give Rob a continued desire to live in obedience to You. Help him to bring every thoughts and action under Your control. If anything is place in front of him that is not from You, please reveal it to him. Remind him to do good, speak evil of no one, and be peaceable, gentle, and humble. Teach him to embrace the discipleship and discipline. Show him Your ways and teach him Your paths. Lead him in Your Truth.
May he be a praising person for I know that when we worship You we gain a clear understanding, our lives get transformed by receiving power from You. Help Rob to hear Your instructions and to obey them. Give him a heart that longs to do Your will. Amen.
but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you.
Tomorrow the chapter is covering his self-image.
- 365 Project–Day 177
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 30–His Future
- 365 Project–day 176
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 29–His Faith
- 365 Project–Day 175
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 28–His Self-Image
- One Thousand Gifts–Week 3
- 365 Project–Day 174
- The rocking chair from ‘68
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 27–His Obedience
- 365 Project–Day 173
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 26–His Deliverance
- Happy 10th birthday Alexandre!
- 365 Project–Day 172
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 25–His Repentance
- 365 Project–Day 171
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 24–His Talk
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 23–His Walk
- 365 Project–Day 170
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 22–His Emotions
- 365 Project–Day 169
- 365 Project–Day 168
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 21–His Marriage
- One Thousand Gifts–week 2
- 365 Project–Day 167
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 20–His Attitude
- Happy Father’s Day to my husband and my future fat...
- 365 Project–Day 166
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 19–His Past
- 365 Project–Day 165
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 18–His Fatherhood
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 17–His Relationships
- 365 Project–Day 164
- 365 Project–Day 163
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 16–His Priorities
- 365 Project–Day 162
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 15–His Reputation
- 365 Project–Day 161
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 14–His Integrity
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 13–His Trials
- 365 Project–Day 160
- One Thousand Gifts
- 365 Project–Day 159
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 12–His Protection
- 365 Project–Day 158
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 11–His Health
- 365 Project–Day 157
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 10–His Choices
- 365 Project–Day 156
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 9–His Purpose
- 365 Project–Day 155
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 8–His Fears
- 365 Project–Day 154
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 7–His Mind
- 13 years already and counting…
- 365 Project–Day 153
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 6–His Temptations
- 365 Project–Day 152
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 5–His Affection
- 365 Project–Day 151
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 4–His Sexuality
- Bird view on robins
- 365 Project–Day 150
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 3–His Finances
- 365 Project–Day 149
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 2–His Work
- 365 Project–Day 148
- S.H.M.I.L.Y. Challenge Day 1–His Wife
- ▼ June (68)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (38)
- ► 2008 (123)