Monday, June 27, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 27–His Obedience

Obedience to God is an important part of being a Christian.   What does it mean though?  Well, essentially we try to keep His commandments but also follow His specific instructions when He talks to us… which could happen via the Bible, people around us, at church, while driving…. you get the picture.   When we are obedient we

find mercy, peace, happiness, blessings, plenty and life.  Not living in obedience brings harsh consequences, unanswered prayers and the inability to enter into the great things God has for you.

As a wife I have seen how important prayers are for Rob in this matter.   More recently, after a wait of over two years, an opportunity presented itself for him to be involve in a ministry in town.  Totally out of the blue… we were have friends over for lunch and they started talking about this ministry they are involved with – actually she is the leader in Ottawa.   Her husband was going on training in a few weeks…   Rob was clearly excited about it.  He considered it and decided to follow God’s lead on this.  He wanted to go to the training.    All the possible roadblocks disappeared in a matter of days (The deadline was passed and the training was three weeks away!).  Everything fell into place to allow him to attend the training in early July.  It is amazing!  Only thing is that it is the first time he is leaving for one week.  He is going to Calgary to get some training to become a leader in this ministry.   I can see the passion getting reignited.   I’m happy for him and I think it is a perfect fit.

The workers are few for this ministry and God is rising another one.   I’m so glad that Rob is following His lead.

Lord, please hear my prayer as I ask You to reveal where there is any disobedience in my life – especially when it concerns Rob.  Show me if I am selfish, unloving, critical, angry, resentful, unforgiving or bitter toward him.  Highlight the times when I have not obeyed You or lived Your way.   I confess it as sin and ask for Your forgiveness.

I pray that You give Rob a continued desire to live in obedience to You.  Help him to bring every thoughts and action under Your control.   If anything is place in front of him that is not from You, please reveal it to him.  Remind him to do good, speak evil of no one, and be peaceable, gentle, and humble.  Teach him to embrace the discipleship and discipline.  Show him Your ways and teach him Your paths.  Lead him in Your Truth.

May he be a praising person for I know that when we worship You we gain a clear understanding, our lives get transformed by receiving power from You.   Help Rob to hear Your instructions and to obey them.   Give him a heart that longs to do Your will.   Amen.

Jeremiah 7:23

but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people.  Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you.

Tomorrow the chapter is covering his self-image.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket