Wednesday, June 29, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 29–His Faith

No matter what we believe it takes faith… because deep down when you start thinking about it, we choose our beliefs.

Faith is something we can’t live without. … Our faith determines what happens to us after we leave this world.   …   Confidence in our eternal future gives us a perspective on living in the present that is laced with confidence as well.

Oh don’t take me wrong – we can have doubts at times too – but I find that my faith will grow stronger when I doubt sometimes because it forces me to question and research the answer.

Take homeschooling for example.   Every now and then, I wonder if our choice was good, if the kids are learning what they should be learning, if they meet enough friends an so on.I have periods of doubt.   And then I go somewhere with them and a stranger tell me I am smart to do so, another one encourage me to pursue it – even though she asked me if they go in the school yard to meet other kids – yeah really.  My latest encouragement was more recent.  Someone I know came to me out of the blue to tell me she appreciates the fact that my kids were well-behaved, not talking too loud, not yelling, not running around and not bothering other people in a public place.   She took me off guard.  I didn’t expect it and she blessed me by saying to me “You do a good job.  Keep it up!”    I had tears in my eyes and said thank you because I needed to hear this – because sometimes I wonder…

To get back to my husband, I saw him struggling with doubt sometimes  - when we made important decisions.  But ultimately, his faith will determine the results.  Bottom line is that we need to trust God in matters of Him being part of our lives.  And He is…

Lord, I pray that You will give Rob an added measure of faith today.  Enlarge his ability to believe in You, Your Word, Your promises, Your ways, and Your power.  Put a longing in his heart to talk to You and open his ears to hear You.  Give him understanding for what You are telling him in his dreams, through others or while reading his Bible.  May he seek You, rely on You, be led by You, put You first, and acknowledge You in everything he does.

With You all things are possible. Help him to remember the times when You moved the mountains in our lives and opened doors when we least expected it.  

I pray that his faith in You Lord continues to grow every day.

Amen.

Matthew 17:20

… if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you.

Tomorrow, as our last day of S.H.M.I.L.Y. for June 2011, the chapter is about his future.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket