No matter what we believe it takes faith… because deep down when you start thinking about it, we choose our beliefs.
Faith is something we can’t live without. … Our faith determines what happens to us after we leave this world. … Confidence in our eternal future gives us a perspective on living in the present that is laced with confidence as well.
Oh don’t take me wrong – we can have doubts at times too – but I find that my faith will grow stronger when I doubt sometimes because it forces me to question and research the answer.
Take homeschooling for example. Every now and then, I wonder if our choice was good, if the kids are learning what they should be learning, if they meet enough friends an so on.I have periods of doubt. And then I go somewhere with them and a stranger tell me I am smart to do so, another one encourage me to pursue it – even though she asked me if they go in the school yard to meet other kids – yeah really. My latest encouragement was more recent. Someone I know came to me out of the blue to tell me she appreciates the fact that my kids were well-behaved, not talking too loud, not yelling, not running around and not bothering other people in a public place. She took me off guard. I didn’t expect it and she blessed me by saying to me “You do a good job. Keep it up!” I had tears in my eyes and said thank you because I needed to hear this – because sometimes I wonder…
To get back to my husband, I saw him struggling with doubt sometimes - when we made important decisions. But ultimately, his faith will determine the results. Bottom line is that we need to trust God in matters of Him being part of our lives. And He is…
Lord, I pray that You will give Rob an added measure of faith today. Enlarge his ability to believe in You, Your Word, Your promises, Your ways, and Your power. Put a longing in his heart to talk to You and open his ears to hear You. Give him understanding for what You are telling him in his dreams, through others or while reading his Bible. May he seek You, rely on You, be led by You, put You first, and acknowledge You in everything he does.
With You all things are possible. Help him to remember the times when You moved the mountains in our lives and opened doors when we least expected it.
I pray that his faith in You Lord continues to grow every day.
… if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Tomorrow, as our last day of S.H.M.I.L.Y. for June 2011, the chapter is about his future.
- 365 Project–Day 177
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 30–His Future
- 365 Project–day 176
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 29–His Faith
- 365 Project–Day 175
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 28–His Self-Image
- One Thousand Gifts–Week 3
- 365 Project–Day 174
- The rocking chair from ‘68
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 27–His Obedience
- 365 Project–Day 173
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 26–His Deliverance
- Happy 10th birthday Alexandre!
- 365 Project–Day 172
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 25–His Repentance
- 365 Project–Day 171
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 24–His Talk
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 23–His Walk
- 365 Project–Day 170
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 22–His Emotions
- 365 Project–Day 169
- 365 Project–Day 168
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 21–His Marriage
- One Thousand Gifts–week 2
- 365 Project–Day 167
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 20–His Attitude
- Happy Father’s Day to my husband and my future fat...
- 365 Project–Day 166
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 19–His Past
- 365 Project–Day 165
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 18–His Fatherhood
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 17–His Relationships
- 365 Project–Day 164
- 365 Project–Day 163
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 16–His Priorities
- 365 Project–Day 162
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 15–His Reputation
- 365 Project–Day 161
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 14–His Integrity
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 13–His Trials
- 365 Project–Day 160
- One Thousand Gifts
- 365 Project–Day 159
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 12–His Protection
- 365 Project–Day 158
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 11–His Health
- 365 Project–Day 157
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 10–His Choices
- 365 Project–Day 156
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 9–His Purpose
- 365 Project–Day 155
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 8–His Fears
- 365 Project–Day 154
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 7–His Mind
- 13 years already and counting…
- 365 Project–Day 153
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 6–His Temptations
- 365 Project–Day 152
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 5–His Affection
- 365 Project–Day 151
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 4–His Sexuality
- Bird view on robins
- 365 Project–Day 150
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 3–His Finances
- 365 Project–Day 149
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 2–His Work
- 365 Project–Day 148
- S.H.M.I.L.Y. Challenge Day 1–His Wife
- ▼ June (68)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (38)
- ► 2008 (123)