Today, I got reminded while reading through the chapter of The Power of a Praying Wife that as a provider for the family, my husband needs to feel appreciated for what he does. Their identity is attached to their work apparently. Personally, I have trouble seeing this. I guess it’s because I don’t have a “normal” man. My husband is very sensitive to the fact that he wants to spend lots of time with his family.
On page 51 of the book, a particular paragraph popped out for me.
None of them (speaking of two previous examples in the book) had parents who prayed for them to have their gifts and talents revealed, to know the calling of God on their lives, to have doors opened to them, and to become all they were created to be.
This year I wrote – to do for my kids – because I find it important that each one of them (not only the boys) will be used by God in the future. Being their mom, I can pray this for them right now.
Lord, I pray and hope that You will reveal to Alexandre, Dominic, Jérémy and Jasmine their gifts and talents early in life so that they can develop them to be able to serve You in whatever calling You have for them. May they know when to identify the opportunities You put on their path, go through open door and trust You with every aspects in their life. Help them grow to become Your ambassadors – just the way You created them.
Back to my husband… after all this S.H.M.I.L.Y. is for him alone…
Praying for Rob is an act of love. It is especially important to pray for his work as he is a contractor and depends on contracts regularly.
Lord, I pray that You will continue to open doors of opportunities for our business and for Rob. May everything goes well when he is at a contract. May new contacts pour over the business and new contracts be available. I also pray that relationships with clients and with employees will be strong and healthy. May we recognize your hand when we get new opportunities. Give him success in his work but also fulfillment in what he does. Guide him during decision making and give him a vision for the future. May you make the next step clear for Optimized Consulting and for LobsterNetwork. Inspire Rob for other projects and open doors of opportunity for him that no man can close. Develop his skills so that they grow more valuable with each year. Show me, as his wife, how I can encourage him on a daily basis. I pray that his work will be established, secure, satisfying, and financially profitable. Amen.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us – yes, establish the work of our hands.
Tomorrow we will covers his finances.
Read the post on Dandelion Seeds.
- 365 Project–Day 177
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 30–His Future
- 365 Project–day 176
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 29–His Faith
- 365 Project–Day 175
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 28–His Self-Image
- One Thousand Gifts–Week 3
- 365 Project–Day 174
- The rocking chair from ‘68
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 27–His Obedience
- 365 Project–Day 173
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 26–His Deliverance
- Happy 10th birthday Alexandre!
- 365 Project–Day 172
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 25–His Repentance
- 365 Project–Day 171
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 24–His Talk
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 23–His Walk
- 365 Project–Day 170
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 22–His Emotions
- 365 Project–Day 169
- 365 Project–Day 168
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 21–His Marriage
- One Thousand Gifts–week 2
- 365 Project–Day 167
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 20–His Attitude
- Happy Father’s Day to my husband and my future fat...
- 365 Project–Day 166
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 19–His Past
- 365 Project–Day 165
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 18–His Fatherhood
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 17–His Relationships
- 365 Project–Day 164
- 365 Project–Day 163
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 16–His Priorities
- 365 Project–Day 162
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 15–His Reputation
- 365 Project–Day 161
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 14–His Integrity
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 13–His Trials
- 365 Project–Day 160
- One Thousand Gifts
- 365 Project–Day 159
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 12–His Protection
- 365 Project–Day 158
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 11–His Health
- 365 Project–Day 157
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 10–His Choices
- 365 Project–Day 156
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 9–His Purpose
- 365 Project–Day 155
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 8–His Fears
- 365 Project–Day 154
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 7–His Mind
- 13 years already and counting…
- 365 Project–Day 153
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 6–His Temptations
- 365 Project–Day 152
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 5–His Affection
- 365 Project–Day 151
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 4–His Sexuality
- Bird view on robins
- 365 Project–Day 150
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 3–His Finances
- 365 Project–Day 149
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 2–His Work
- 365 Project–Day 148
- S.H.M.I.L.Y. Challenge Day 1–His Wife
- ▼ June (68)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (38)
- ► 2008 (123)