Saturday, June 25, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 25–His Repentance

What is the first thing we ask our kids to do when they do something wrong?  Ask for forgiveness.  But if they keep doing it over and over – repentance is in order.

Everyone will make mistakes.  Sometimes when we are caught into something that we can not stop doing repentance is needed.  What is repentance though?   I love my husband’s illustration when he explained it to our kids.   He always refer to one army movie where you see the guys walking and suddenly someone yells “REPENT”.  Do you know what they do?   They spin 180 degrees and start walking the other way.   That’s repentance – turning away from sin and leave it behind you.

The author has explained the three steps found in the Bible needed to change a behavior.

First there is confession which is admitting what we did.  Next, there is repentance, which is being sorry about what we did.  Then there is asking forgiveness which is being cleansed and released from what we did.

Lord, I pray that if there is anything in my husband’s life that need repentance at this moment that You would convict him and that he will take the steps to remove it from his life.   Help him to recognize his mistakes.  Give him eyes to see Your truth, ears to hear Your voice, and a humble heart to turn away from what needs to be remove from his life.   Amen.

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Tomorrow the chapter will cover his deliverance.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket