Sunday, June 5, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 5–His Affection

Affection isn’t at the top of a man’s priority list…  A woman’s greatest need is affection.

It’s so true.  There are days where I have to ask my husband for hugs.   He gladly do so because he knows I am in need of them for whatever reasons it is…

I love roses – red ones for that matter.   I also realize that they are not the cheapest flowers out there especially on special days like Valentine or Mother’s Day.   Yet I wish I could get some more often or have my own rose bush in the yard…  But my husband is attentive, present in my (our) life, involve in our family, supportive, encouraging, willing to sacrifice so we can make memories.   He loves to cook and create new meals for us.  I am forever grateful to God because He gave me this man in my life.

Lord, I pray for a new level of open affection between us.  Help each of us to learn to speak the other’s love language.  Help me to do more acts of service for my husband.  Help him to speak my love language on a more regular basis.   Helps us to demonstrate how much we care for and value each other.  Remind us to show affection on a daily basis.  Lord make us warm , tender, compassionate, loving, and adoring toward each other.  Stop us from taking the other one for granted.  Help us to become a better team and to be the husband and wife you created us to be.  Amen.

Philippians 2:4

Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Tomorrow the chapter is about His Temptations.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket