What’s in store for the future? We don’t know but God can guide us in the proper direction toward something that will be good for us.
Not too long ago we had the hope of planting a church in the downtown core. For over many months we worked hard. We also held some Christian raves. For some reasons the church idea didn’t worked out… I won’t expand on the details. But the church plant has been transformed as a ministry. Another couple is taking it over – the transition is almost complete. The Christian raves are doing wonderfully good. Apparently the secular ones are not doing as good as before… Many are seeking a place where it will be clean – no drugs or alcohol.
But since 2 years (since we closed down the church) we were searching a new church but also where Rob could be involved in something. He had some ideas but we surely didn’t expect God to open a door and set things in motion when we had invited a couple for lunch one Saturday morning about two weeks ago.
The tiles fit perfectly and next Sunday – July 3rd – my husband is leaving for Calgary, AB to get some training to be a leader for a ministry in town. And to see the rapidity to which everything fell in place for him to attend is breathtaking.
God has poured passion again in my husband. He is dreaming of what he can bring and how he can help the group already in place.
1 Corinthians 2:9
No eyes has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. (Isaiah 64:4)
Whenever I read this scripture I think of how we were thirteen years ago – newly married, not knowing what adventures would come to us. It had its ups and downs but we went through it together. I don’t know what the future had in store for us, for the kids, for our family, for me… but I know that God wants me to trust Him and that He will guide us one step at a time.
Lord, I pray that You would give Rob a vision for his future. Help him understand that Your plans are good, to give him a future and a hope. Fill him with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that he may have a walk worthy of You, fully pleasing You, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of You. May he live with leading from the Holy Spirit and not walk in doubt and fear of what may happen. Help him to mature and grow in You daily, submitting to You all his dreams and desires. Give him God-ordained goals and show him how to conduct himself in a way that always invests in his future. I pray that he will be active in service for You all the days of his life. Keep him from losing his sense of purpose and fill him with hope for his future. Plant him firmly in Your house and keep him fresh and flourishing and bearing fruit into old age.
And when the time comes for him to leave this earth and go to be with You, may he have a strong vision for his eternal future that it makes his transition smooth, painless, and accompanied by peace and joy. Until that day, I pray he will find the vision for his future in You only.
The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, “The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.
One thing I ask of the LORD, that is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
So there is hope for your future, declares the LORD. You children will return to their own land.
My challenge to pray for my husband during the month of June is now complete.
- 365 Project–Day 177
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 30–His Future
- 365 Project–day 176
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 29–His Faith
- 365 Project–Day 175
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 28–His Self-Image
- One Thousand Gifts–Week 3
- 365 Project–Day 174
- The rocking chair from ‘68
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 27–His Obedience
- 365 Project–Day 173
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 26–His Deliverance
- Happy 10th birthday Alexandre!
- 365 Project–Day 172
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 25–His Repentance
- 365 Project–Day 171
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 24–His Talk
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 23–His Walk
- 365 Project–Day 170
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 22–His Emotions
- 365 Project–Day 169
- 365 Project–Day 168
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 21–His Marriage
- One Thousand Gifts–week 2
- 365 Project–Day 167
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 20–His Attitude
- Happy Father’s Day to my husband and my future fat...
- 365 Project–Day 166
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 19–His Past
- 365 Project–Day 165
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 18–His Fatherhood
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 17–His Relationships
- 365 Project–Day 164
- 365 Project–Day 163
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 16–His Priorities
- 365 Project–Day 162
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 15–His Reputation
- 365 Project–Day 161
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 14–His Integrity
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 13–His Trials
- 365 Project–Day 160
- One Thousand Gifts
- 365 Project–Day 159
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 12–His Protection
- 365 Project–Day 158
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 11–His Health
- 365 Project–Day 157
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 10–His Choices
- 365 Project–Day 156
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 9–His Purpose
- 365 Project–Day 155
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 8–His Fears
- 365 Project–Day 154
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 7–His Mind
- 13 years already and counting…
- 365 Project–Day 153
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 6–His Temptations
- 365 Project–Day 152
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 5–His Affection
- 365 Project–Day 151
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 4–His Sexuality
- Bird view on robins
- 365 Project–Day 150
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 3–His Finances
- 365 Project–Day 149
- S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 2–His Work
- 365 Project–Day 148
- S.H.M.I.L.Y. Challenge Day 1–His Wife
- ▼ June (68)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (38)
- ► 2008 (123)