Thursday, June 21, 2007

Last day of school!

Today is Alexandre last day of school...  and our first step toward homeschooling.


I wonder how it will go in the next few weeks, trying to get organized and to plan a schedule of some sort.


Yesterday evening, he did his first lesson of French on the Rosetta Stone software and he loved it.   We figure that this could ease my load a bit with the baby coming and all.   So we found out that he can read a bit which is a very good news...   He just need some encouragements!!!


I am still waiting PATIENTLY for my Come Sit By Me program.   I know it is in the mail but boy is it slow to get here...   Hopefully I will get it this week then I can see which books I need to get, go to Value Village (a second-hand store) to see if I can find some there for a cheap price...  Books can be expensive sometimes.   But hey, I have three kids following so it is not lost...


I am seriously thinking of starting in a few weeks with the Math-U-See... Alexandre has already 10 lessons done.   So it shouldn't be a problem.   He loved it.  


You might think that I am crazy to do homeschooling during summer time but to be honest I like the suggestion that someone gave me because of the c-section and all...   I want to take a bit of advance so that I can have a more relaxed schedule for the weeks after the arrival of baby #4.   And I figure out that February is a hard month on me...  somehow it affects my mood... more depressed somehow.  And there is a possibility of a mission trip to Dominican Republic with our church.  I won't be going but God's willing (contracts are needed...) Rob and Alexandre might go.   We will see when the trip must be paid and see if we can afford it.    I would have loved to go with them but baby will be only 1 months and a half so it is not a good thing.


Well, right now I have done lunch because we are having a picnic at the little party today at school.   We are waiting until 10:15am to leave...  Another 2 hours or so to go.


Good thing I had time to update this morning...  I also had time to do my devotions which is good because lately I find it hard to do it early morning.  

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket