Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Psalm 23

[nablo_typer_160px_thumb[3].jpg]

I am part of a mom’s bible study on Thursday mornings at the church I am attending.   We are going through psalm 23 and create crafts at the same time.   The first craft we made was a painting of a lamb. 

2010_10_07_14_57_58

This painting is based on Psalm 23:1.   Let’s read the verses together.

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.”

What does it mean not to be in want?  For me it means that God knows what I need and provides.   And this year, he did indeed provided in unexpected ways – on the homeschool front especially but other ways as well.   

In the painting, the lamb represent me hence the reason why my name is written across it.   God is my shepherd – He guides me, protect me, provides for me.   He is there with me at all times.   The red on the background represents the blood of Christ who died for me.   Around the edge of the painting, the scripture is written in French and at the back the word TRUST is written.  

The second craft we made was a little garden which we decorated with various things.  

IMG_4708

This craft is based on verses 2 and 3 of the psalm.

“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.   He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”

A little path of rocks is going from one edge of the pot to the other.   This path reminds me that walking with Christ can bring some bumps in the road sometimes.  But the important thing is to trust him no matter what happens.   The bench reminds me to slow down.  To rest.  To spend time with him on a daily basis.    The word love reminds me that He loves me deeply.    The two birds represent my husband and I.  The other bird is hiding under one of the leaves but if you lift it you will see that it is sitting on a nest with four eggs – my children.    I also put a frog there…  for a while I wonder why I put it there.   I thought it was cute.  But then I remembered the acronym F.R.O.G.  “FULLY RELY ON GOD”   How appropriate!   The sic yellow flowers represent also my family.   And the ladybug also represent me – ie the Canadianladybug that is!  *grin*

We are currently working on our third project.   I am having fun meeting with these women and talking together while doing our craft.    It permits me to have some adult time while the kids are in the homeschool room and doing homework.   

I needed this time and I am forever grateful to be able to be part of this bible study.

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket