Saturday, July 16, 2011

Drrring Drrring

What do you do when you loose power in your house and you need to call someone (or you are waiting for a phone call?).

We have found that without electricity our phones are not working… loose power – loose your phones.

Fortunately, we have learned that it is wise to have a regular phone handy.

Not too long ago, we lost power in our area for many hours.  

When that’s happens, I go in the basement and come back with an older phone which is plugged into the phone line in our kitchen.

IMG_7516

Imagine the surprise of the kids when they heard the phone ringing that day – I was waiting for a phone call…   What’s this mommy?

Then it dawned on me that they have never realized what type of phone existed back in the 80s/90s.   LOL

So we showed it to them and explained how to use it.   

We had a good laugh my husband and I but it also reminded us that our kids live in an age where technology is everywhere – iPhones, cellular, iPad and so on.

Both of us got introduced to electronic games with the ATARI, to computers with the VIC20 and Commodore 64, the internet without images only links.

Times has gone by real fast….  Not it is social media, ebay, news on the internet and so on.

What is the future has in store for us and our kids?  I don’t know.

What I know is that day my kids got a lesson on technology (science), discovered an older version of phone (history) and now my oldest knows where to find it if we loose power…

One thing I know for sure – we are not getting rid of the old phone.  Every once in a while it is very useful…

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket