Thursday, August 2, 2007

Summer days

As much as I want to go ahead with homeschooling there is always little disruptions that slow down the process...

This week, Monday wasn't too bad... but then on Tuesday husband and I decided to go out in the morning (thanks to my mother-in-law who came to look after our three boys) and we went to the war museum. Some of you must think that it is a bit crazy but it was instructive and we are respectful for those who sacrificed their life so that we can have freedom in our country.

Then I got a call from a friend at church inviting me over the next day for a swim... How can you resist this with the weather we are having??? So off we went on a farm where the boys were able to hold baby rabbits and swim a lot in the pool. We had fun. Lots of it. As I was driving back, my three boys fell asleep. I was glad that my husband was working home so he could help me put them to bed.

At 3pm, the older two got up so I asked them to go play with the new toy we are testing called Word Launch from Leapfrog. It is a game where they learn about phonics and new words. Very instructive. So homeschooling yesterday was - baby rabbits, swimming, devotion, and English phonics.

Today, I would like to do more but somehow my head is spinning (literally) and I didn't have any alcool... No really, it has been ages since this happened to me and I know it might be my high blood pressure. However, I have no clue why it would be high... So I will wait a bit and see if it will get back to normal - ie head not spinning. Believe me it is not fun. I have to be extra careful since I am 17 weeks pregnant. As if I need this... I should go do my own devotion now...

UPDATED --> Called my OB around 930 or so. Looks like I have low blood pressure... Need to lay down today. Thank goodness that hubby is working home this morning. He has an appointment with a client this afternoon but then the kids go for a nap. Right now, it doesn't feel as bad as this morning. Still a bit dizzy but not much. OB will call later tonight to see how I do. If it gets worst, I've been told to go to the emergency...

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket