Friday, October 28, 2011

What’s for Lunch before Halloween…

Today I decided to do something I saw on Pinterest.   Mummy dogs.image

But I didn’t have the Pillsbury package instead I had a box Tenderflake puff pastry in the freezer that I decided to use for our lunch.

Take the puff pastry out of the box and cut the square in sections.

Slowly wrap the hotdog (we had chicken ones) as though you are making a mummy!

IMG_1577

The older boys helped me making them.

IMG_1578IMG_1579

Align the mummy dog on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cook 350 for about 25 minutes or so.

IMG_1576

While the mummy dogs were cooking, I decided to make some spider web dip with ketchup and mustard.

IMG_1580

Then Alexandre put the eyes on the mummies with mustard.

IMG_1583

And voilà mummy dogs waiting to be eaten by my four kids…

IMG_1586

A close up of one of the mummy dogs…    Don’t you think he looks scared to death?  Mmmmuuuaaaaahaahahahahaah!

IMG_1584IMG_1587

The kids had a wonderful lunch.  I think they liked the idea…  This could also be a wonderful lunch ideas when studying Egypt and the pyramids….  

IMG_1589IMG_1588

IMG_1592IMG_1591

Next time, I am planning to use the Pillsbury package.   The dough won’t be as flaky as this one.  Still it was YummY for our tummies!

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket