Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Studying

Since January I am back in the studying mode…

We have discovered that a College in my are is offering a Social Media Certificate which has five courses in it.

I already done the Introduction to Social Media course.   It was fun as I learned more about the world of Social Media.   Yes I know I have been part of this world for a few years now but somehow I managed to discover more about it during this course.

Last Friday the new session started.   I originally thought of taking only one course which is titled Developing a Social Media Strategy.   But after looking at the workload and talking with my husband, we agreed I should take another course.   So now I am also taking Monitoring and Measurement.  

Call me crazy if you want.

Yes I have four kids and I am homeschooling.  Yes I do reviews on my other blog – Canadianladybug Reviews!.   And yes…. camping season is opening this week-end.  Summer is coming faster that we think and I will have to read and prepare assignments. 

But I see numerous advantages for taking these courses.  

1) A better understanding of the social media world

2) Being a professional IT person and owning a business, we will apply this there too.

3) Finding ways to publicize LobsterNetwork.

4) Work opportunities in the future (we never know).

I think this is just for a period of time.  When I am done with these two courses, there will be only two more to do before completing the certificate.

So until August this year, I have two courses to tackle and have fun at the same time with my family.

image

Welcome

Personal blog of a homeschool family. We love to travel with our RV when we can. Fishing, discovering new places, photography are some of our favourite activities!

Blog Archive

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

MCC Blog Grant Fall 2010

Photobucket

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Canadianladybug Reviews!

Followers

Faithful Bloggers

Homeschool Horizons Mag.

Photobucket