So last night I went to the RVHEA meeting and the topic was Geography. Funny enough I was looking into this a week before. How to incorporate more geography in our school days? So when I heard about the subject of the meeting I wanted to go.
A school and another homeschol family had given some curricula away to bless others. It was first come first serve. So I found some interesting things. Here's a list of what I got (and btw there was still more things to grab when I left - other got tons of things as well).
- Abeka Biology God's Living Creation (Field and Laboratory manuel and teacher book, Teacher's guide, Student tests, Quiz Key and Test Key)
- Abeka Observing God's World (Teacher's Edition, Guide, Quiz Key, Test Key)
- Abeka Investigating God's World (Book, Test Key, Teacher's guide, Quiz Key)
- Abeka Enjoying Good Health (Book and Test/Quiz Key)
- Abeka Choosing Good Health (Book, Student Test, Test Key, Teacher's Edition)
- In Days of Yore - Medieval Studies
- Excursions in Literature for Christian Schools Teacher's Edition
- Close in on Language Comprehensive mini-units Grades 4-6
- Vocabulary Booster Grades 5 & 6 Synonyms and Antonyms, Prefixes and Suffixes
- Tapestry 3
- McGraw-Hill Reading Grade 4
- Languages Arts Thinking Motivators Grades 2 to 7
- Skills Young Writers Grade 4
- Usborne Hot Shots The Romans
- Star Wars Episode I Anakin's Fate
- Star Wars Wpisode 1 Anakin's Pit Droid
- Star Wars Attack of the Clones Jango Fett: County Hunter
- Star Wars Attack of the Clones Anakin: Apprentice
- DK Readers Star Wars Journey Through Space
- Finding the Titanic
- Abeka Geography Studies & Projects Western Hemisphere Teacher's Key
- Abeka Old World History and Geography in Christian Perspective
- Learning Languages Arts Through Literature Red, Yellow, Orange, Tan, Grey and Green books which covers grades 2 to 9
- The Canadian Spelling Program II
- Spelling Connections 2, 3, and 4
- Spelling Reinforcement activities Book 2
- Language Power Book A & B
- Nelson Language Arts What Should I Do?
- Nelson Language Arts Making a Difference
- Abeka Of People Literature
- and finally, a pack of various papers including gel papers (you know the black ones...)
A friend recently posted on
that she was trying Windows Live Writer to help with her post on blogger.
Seeing how this seems to be a success for her, I am trying to experience it as well.
I think I like it. The ability of using various fonts and other things are quite interesting.
Let me know what you think… Here’s a drawing I did last year that I can modidy somewhat to look as an instant picture. Pretty neat!
Also I am suppose to be able to meet other TOS Homeschool Crew members there. Fun!
And I am bringing door prizes from Sharon Crooks as well as a book and a game I had extra via Canadianladybug Reviews! .
And we will also bring some advertisement for LobsterNetwork.com as well as spread to word about the giveaways I have on my review blog.
I am so blessed to have in-laws willing to come and babysit today! The kids are looking forward in spending some time with them.
- ► 2011 (467)
- ▼ April (4)
- ► 2009 (38)
- ► 2008 (123)